VOGONS

First post, by 0101000000110101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again, I would like some recommendations for 3D animation/modeling software I should use.
This is for a Pentium 1 computer, currently I use Blender 2.40, which has a incredibly clunky interface and runs very slowly on my Pentium, about 3FPS. That and it lacks nice tools like mirroring and such. I could learn to live with it, but I at the very least need proper mirroring.

Do you guys have any recommendations of 3D modeling/animation software that doesn't require MMX or SSE instructions, and is far more capable and flexible than the ancient version of Blender I have to use? The newer versions of Blender would be great, but they require SSE, and if you go even newer, SSE2.

1995 Gateway 2000 P5-120
Intel Pentium P5 120Mhz
16MB EDO RAM
1MB Trident 3D capable GPU
250GB Western Digital IDE drive
OS(s): Windows 98/Windows 2000 SP1

Reply 3 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think anything's better than Blender when it comes to free modeling progrems. Blender 2.4x will want a Geforce2 (or better) at least.

Though there's also Wings3d that used to be suggested a long time ago but that makes messy meshes.

Beware of suggestions of Milkshape 3D - that (like Bochs blindly suggested around here), gets ssuggested from a bullet point list of import/export features while not having any usable tools while also not fixing decades-long bugs. It's just outdated shareware hype. Might as well have Moraff make a modeling program

apsosig.png
long live PCem