VOGONS

First post, by Demonslayer2103

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I have a Dell dimension 8300 I'm trying to get to run old dos games I have been having some problems getting it to work the with monkey island 1 and 2 I have been using a version I found on the internet and it has no sound I have a c media card installed and it has the dos drivers installed my problem is I think my copy of the game does not have the sound and I'm wondering where I might be able to get a copy of monkey island 1 and 2 I can't find anywhere to buy the original versions so if anyone can link me a copy that would be awesome thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by Demonslayer2103

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i tried using the monkey island 1 i downloaded in dos box and the sound works there so the copy i downloaded has sound i guess there is just a problem with my sound card or driver im using a C-Media CMI8738 sound card i downloaded the dos drivers from here https://www.philscomputerlab.com/c-media-cmi8738.html the game loads but i get no sound

Reply 2 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Two things. First these forums do not support "abandonware" games. You should obtain a legal copy of the game. secondly, you should ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. This subforum is for DOS games on modern systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers