VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been trying to use EZDrive9 as a bootdisk from PhilsComputerLab website and I can install everything upto a point, it makes 5 partitions and complains about to many partitions and does not format them so I reboot from the C: drive and it askes if I want to install Dos or skip installing Dos and boot to drive C, I choose C but as I write this from memory it says something about non system disk replace and press a key, nothing happens as the C: drive is not formatted so when I reboot and press CTRL at a time to get the option to boot from the A: or C: I choose A: and it says insert disk and press a key, I do and it says invalid system disk replace and press a key. so from what I have said I cant format the partitions and a floppy disk to boot from doesnt work either, Is there a better program to use that only makes 4 partitions in Fat16 so I can install Dos 6.21? I need this so I can use 4 partitions maxed at 2GB for a 386 PC that only sees 504MB.

Reply 1 of 2, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it's only DOS you're interested in, I'll recommend XTIDE Unviersal BIOS.
All you need is a pre-programmed chip and an old network card.
On Youtube, there are several videos covering that topic.

If you need help, some of us will help you with this.
A pre-configured binary (ready to burn) of the full AT version is available here.

If you have got no programmer, you can ask some forum members here if they assist you.
For example, I can send you an older chip (w/ XTIDE) of mine, which I used in an older project.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 2, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for the nice offer Jo22 but I would like to keep things simple for now as I found something better than ezdrive9 its called Ontrack Disk Manager and I have it working well so to anyone reading this if you cant get ezdrive9 to work try Ontrack DM as it has an option to create as few or many partitions as you like as ezdrive9 does not.