VOGONS

First post, by Superfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm a new forum member, so this might have been covered before. I did Google a fair bit without success so I hope somebody here will know what my issue is.

I recently bought a ThinkPad 600e to play old DOS and Windows games and I'm having a great time trying to get things working, but unfortunately some DOS games have a stuttering/jittering issue when using screen expansion. The stuttering only happens when scrolling in Commander Keen, BioMenace and God's, but I haven't tested every game. It's perfectly fine with Duke Nukem and Tyrian.

Happens in both DOS and Win98se. If I turn off screen expansion (Fn F8) the bug stops. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure how much it would help but grab the newest BIOS for your 600E here https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html and see if htat helps

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 2 of 2, by Superfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for you insight. Indeed you could be right, as my BIOS is version INET28WW which is a good bit behind the final release: INET36WW. Unfortunately, there is a reference to screen expansion in the older patch notes, but nothing in the more recent patch notes.

In addition, I really don't know what I'm doing and am reluctant to flash. The website offers an .EXE but I'm not sure what to do with it. The patch notes mention it need a full battery and AC power, but my battery is dead. I also need to invest in some decent floppy disks. So for now I think I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks all the same.