The Power of PCs is the huge variety of games and the Roland/General Midi support. Lots of games are better on Macs. They have better graphics and sound (than sound blaster). If you have also a Macintosh Trinitron monitor you will have a great experience. I have the Macintosh Color Display Monitor M1212 and everything looks perfect. I started playing Flashback on Mac and PC but i finished it only on Mac and i played only the first level of PC because of the graphics. I have the monitors the one next to the other and Flashblack was so much better than PC. But although some games are technically better on Macs, i prefer the pc version. Do not forger also that some games were released later than PC (even 2 years later). Some info of the following games:
- Monkey Island 1 & 2, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, The Dig, Dark Forces, Full Throttle: all these Lucasarts games have better graphics than PC.
- Rise of the Dragon: better fonts, greater sound quality than sound blaster.
- Doom, Heretic: cleaner graphics than PC.
- Cilivization: i think the PC has more music but Mac music quality is lot better, also the graphics are lot lot better.
- Blackthorne: Better graphics than PC, cd audio. The PC supports General midi.
- Warcraft 1,2: They have music directly from cd and the graphics are great.
- Gobliiins 1,2,3: best graphics than any other version (PC, Amiga, Atari ST).
- Sierra on line adventures: Most of them support also Roland for Macintosh, the fonts/subtitles and the icons are better than PC version (see Gabriel Knight, Larry 5, Freddy Pharkas, Space Quest 1 Enhanced, Quest for Glory 1 Enhanced.