VOGONS

Free Software

Topic actions

First post, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Everyone, been a member here for a while but not very active. I have a few old dos games that I have decided to get rid of and rather than deal with Ebay I thought that maybe someone here might like to have them. Not looking to sell or trade--no money involved here. Not some kind of weird scam. Just want them to go to someone that will use and appreciate them. I'd hate to just trash them.

If someone wants them please message me with your address or just zip code and I will see if I can afford the shipping---I pay the shipping cost. I live in East Tennessee so the closer you are the cheaper it will be for me to mail them.

Iron Assault--full retail box--cd and manual

The Perfect General--full retail box--cd,manual and a map

Lemmings--full retail box--2- 3.5"disks--manual

BatteyDisk--sealed retail box--supposed to save your cmos settings on old computers--maybe useful to someone--as stated box is sealed so not sure if floppy disk still works or not

If interested let me know--thanks

EDIT--now I feel like an idiot--decided to check the lemmings floppy before mailing it and can not read them ( original nor backup) with either of my computers. Even my LS 120 won't read them reliably. sorry--but the cd games seem to be ok.[

Last edited by ole smoky2 on 2018-07-05, 00:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 14, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ole smoky2 wrote:
Hello Everyone, been a member here for a while but not very active. I have a few old dos games that I have decided to get rid of […]
Show full quote

Hello Everyone, been a member here for a while but not very active. I have a few old dos games that I have decided to get rid of and rather than deal with Ebay I thought that maybe someone here might like to have them. Not looking to sell or trade--no money involved here. Not some kind of weird scam. Just want them to go to someone that will use and appreciate them. I'd hate to just trash them.

If someone wants them please message me with your address or just zip code and I will see if I can afford the shipping---I pay the shipping cost. I live in East Tennessee so the closer you are the cheaper it will be for me to mail them.

Iron Assault--full retail box--cd and manual

The Perfect General--full retail box--cd,manual and a map

Lemmings--full retail box--2- 3.5"disks--manual

BatteyDisk--sealed retail box--supposed to save your cmos settings on old computers--maybe useful to someone

If interested let me know--thanks

Sent you an inquiry.

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - Working w/ Win95
Fujitsu Lifebook C352 - Nonworking 🙁
HP Pavilion A520N - Working w/ WinXP
AST Ascentia M 5260X - Working w/ WinME
IBM ThinkPad 770 - Working w/ Win2K

Reply 2 of 14, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Going to let this thread stay open as there is no monetary transaction taking place and I think it's a nice gesture by the OP.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 3 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would also be interested if OP is in the EU and dickkickem passes on it

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 14, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can't seem to see a way to reply to messages so I'll do it here I guess--be easy on me boys--I'm old and dumb. The lemmings disk seems to be unreadable , even the back up for some reason. They worked last year but they are old. The BatteryDisk is a program that backs up cmos info on AT and XT computers but I don't know if the floppy on it will be usable either. The other 2 games are CD based and seem ok.

Reply 6 of 14, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ole smoky2 wrote:

Can't seem to see a way to reply to messages so I'll do it here I guess--be easy on me boys--I'm old and dumb. The lemmings disk seems to be unreadable , even the back up for some reason. They worked last year but they are old. The BatteryDisk is a program that backs up cmos info on AT and XT computers but I don't know if the floppy on it will be usable either. The other 2 games are CD based and seem ok.

I'll still take the Lemmings copy and maybe the other 2 games too if you can afford to ship them!

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - Working w/ Win95
Fujitsu Lifebook C352 - Nonworking 🙁
HP Pavilion A520N - Working w/ WinXP
AST Ascentia M 5260X - Working w/ WinME
IBM ThinkPad 770 - Working w/ Win2K

Reply 7 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If BatteyDisk is potentially available I can pay shipping for it if the person that gets the lot does not want it. I want to check it out 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 8 of 14, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dickkickem--message me a mailing address--I'll mail the games next week--hope you enjoy them

keropi--I don't think the forum will allow such transactions but I think I will see if I can image the BatteryDisk and upload it --if the floppies are any good

Reply 9 of 14, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The company that produced BatteryDisk was International Systems, Chicago. It appears to have been on sale in 1995-7.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/BatteryDisk+fr … +...-a017090144

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 10 of 14, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, so the software is going to dickkickem though most all the floppy disks were a real problem. The lemmings disks are not reliable and the batterydisk program says that the free demonstration period is over when I run setup even though it was a sealed retail box with a register card so I don't know--thanks guys

Reply 12 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ole smoky2 wrote:

OK, so the software is going to dickkickem though most all the floppy disks were a real problem. The lemmings disks are not reliable and the batterydisk program says that the free demonstration period is over when I run setup even though it was a sealed retail box with a register card so I don't know--thanks guys

can you post an image of the floppy?

Reply 13 of 14, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry keropi, it's in the mail to dickkickem and I couldn't do anything with that floppy--pretty frustrating. maybe he can do something with it.