VOGONS

First post, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i have a powermac 7100/80 running system 8.1. It can read/write PC disks, Mac disks, and prodos disks.

I have a bunch of .2mg iigs images that i need to write to floppy so I can use them on my IIGS.

is this possible?

I've tried using diskdup+ on the mac, and ciderpress on my windows machine to convert the .2mg images to both .DSK and .PO. none of these three formats are recognized by diskdup+.

Am i barking up the wrong tree?

thanks in advance

(yes I know i can try making an ADTPro cable but i feel like i'm so close to getting this to work)

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 1 of 1, by dr.ido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I did it in a convoluted way, but it worked for making bootable floppies of GS/OS, various games and demos back when I had a 2gs. For some reason I couldn't get the recommended utilities working. Once I had image files transfered onto the Mac (7500 running 9.1) I'd mount them in a 2gs emulator (bernie 2 the rescue?) running a disk copier program and then copy the .2mg from one drive to a blank diskcopy image in another drive. Then I could use diskcopy (4.2? I know it had to be a specific version, there's an archive on macintoshrepository containing several different versions) to write the image created in the emulator to a real floppy.