VOGONS

First post, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SB AWE32 CT3980W with Dreamblaster S2 installed. Whenever I try to set and test General MIDI in Sam & Max Talkie CD edition's setmuse program, the computer hard locks. I've tried it at 133MHz and 100MHz, and I've tried it with SoftMPU and without Soft MPU. I've even tried AWE32's MT-32 emulation and the Roland option and it's the same behaviour. Is there a workaround? Everything works fine in DOTT Talkie CD.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Depending on the version of the game, try updating DOS4GW or replace it with DOS32A.
Maybe that helps, but I'm not sure. Also, there was an update for Sanm&Max once.
It fixed the save state feature. Maybe it contains other bug fixes, too. Not sure, though.

Anyway, good luck! 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 5, by DataPro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

I've got the same problem.
Config : Pentium 166 Mhz, 112Mo RAM, AWE64 + Roland MT32 + Roland SC88

Day of the tentacle, Indy & Fate of Atlantis or Sam&Max Floppy version run fine with soundblaster + General Midi.
My game is patched with this one : https://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/3562/7/49775/download

The game only works when music is set on adlib or OPL4

HP Vectra 562 P166Mhz/256Ko L2 cache/Triton 430FX - 112Mo RAM - 2x 32Go+64Go CF Card - Matrox G2 8Mo - SB AWE64 ISA (PnP) + Roland MT-32 & M-GS64 (SC-88) & JV-1010 - Nec USB 2.0 PCI - Promise Ultra100 TX2 - Hama multicard reader