VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Im having some trouble with Xfdisk I need to make a single 10GB HDD into 3 partitions, 1 2GB Fat16 for Dos, 1 2GB for Dos Data and the rest for windows 98se. I tried first with making the partitions for Dos but when I made the windows partition and got windows to install it said something about files or partitions and gave an option to remove them so I removed them and it deleted all my partitions so I tried making and installing windows first which worked then I made the 2GB dos partition with xfdisk and formatted it in dos but now dos says the 2GB formatted partition cant be used because its incompatible, it has an option to format it in the dos install but this does not work either. I have it set to automatically hide the other primary partition from each other and when one is hidden the other is set as active. Can someone help with a step by step guide it would be very helpful.

Reply 1 of 1, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I figured out how to get everything working I had to make the first primary as FAT16 for dos and then the next as FAT32 for windows but when installing windows at the part when it detects other files on the partition I had to select "do not remove or change them" then I installed the boot manager and it works very well. I will make a video or something when I have my rig all finished but now I would like to try using EFDisk to see how it runs and what the boot loader looks like.