VOGONS

First post, by Madc0w

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using a Wingman Extreme Digital on Compaq 2266 with a Cyrix M II and an ES1869 onboard soundcard, hooked up through that soundcard. I can install the software, and it registers it for all calibration, works in games, but when trying to open up Logitech Profiler it says "Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers" The readme says it supports the controller.

Reply 1 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have Wingman Software 3.25c if its any good to you
I got it with my Wingman Force (supports the Wingman Extreme Digital)

Tell me where to upload it make sure it accepts rar's and can handle a 100mb file

Attachments

• Filename
    Readme.txt
    File size
    25.66 KiB
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File comment
    Heres the readme file
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 3 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

no idea
can you set up one post the details here and I will upload the file

Edit: Try this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Owwz00APETbo … iew?usp=sharing

Reply 5 of 9, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Davros wrote:

Have you downloaded it ?

I'm not the TO (Madcow) but I just received my Wingman Digital from Ebay today and I'm very happy that you provided this download. Right on time! 😎 So, thank you from my side!

EDIT: And the software works with it. Logitech Wingman Extrem Digital connected to SB64AWE, Win98SE, Pentium Pro 200.

Reply 6 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Glad to hear that I helped someone out
How did you find my post ?
ps: since I havnt used that software in years can you tell me what's on the cd ?

Reply 7 of 9, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I regularly read Vogons and just stumbled across your post.

Most of the space of the CD is taken by various language versions of the profiler install and a DirectX runtime. The root directory of the CD contains the joystick driver as far as I can see. So nothing fancy on it.

Reply 9 of 9, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Quick update on my findings with my new old Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital (without the "3D").

I could find a few newer versions of the Logitech Wingman Software across the net. And finally I even found out that Logitech's FTP ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/ site is still operational! I wonder if Logitech is aware of this...

Anyway, this opened for me the opportunity to find the best version of the Wingman Software.

What I tested on Win98SE using my PPro200 and SB AWE64 gameport:

• * version from this thread - works
    * ws_365enu.exe (latest 3.x version) - works, different look to previously tested version
    * lgs460enu.exe (and earlier 4.x versions as well) - can be installed. Joystick driver works but WingMan Profiler doesn't recognize the Joystick and refuses to work. I tried several different approaches, like installing on a clean install of W98SE, different gameport drivers, setting "Activate Interrupt Polling" yes/no, etc. Nothing worked.
    * lgs510.exe - Seems not to be compatible with W98SE. Refused to install.

During my several tries to make version 4 of the Wingman Software work, I also soldered a Gameport to USB adapter cable (like this https://sites.google.com/site/joystickrehab/belkinadapter). But, my Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital without the "3D" does not work with such a cable. It is obviously not USB compatible. The joystick is not recognized in any way on my modern day Windows 10 box nor on my W98SE box.