VOGONS

First post, by Tmp2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I get the same error on both games "ecb.ComletionCode = 0xfd" I'm using an intel Pro100 NIC. Got the DOS network stack installed and NDIS drivers. I've tried with IPX and TCP/IP setup just so I can tet TCP/IP and it does work. Ping 8.8.8.8 get's a reply. I've also tried it with just the IPX protocol setup, still doesn't work.

I think the error relates to the network stack or the driver.

Any ideas?

Reply 3 of 6, by Marek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are your computers connected directly? IPX does not support routers or switches afaIk. The typical network at the time connected several computers with coaxial cables and terminators at the ends. That's pretty much what network DOS games are designed for.

DOS-PC: DFI k6bv3+, Pentium 200mmx, 64 MB RAM, Terratec Maestro 32 sound card, Roland MT-32 + SC-155, Winner 2000 AVI 2MB, Voodoo 1, Win98SE
Windows PC: GigaByte GA-MA790GPT, Phenom II X4 905e, 12 GB RAM, M-Audio Delta 44, NVidia 1060 6 GB, Win7 pro x64

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Remember to ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on *modern* systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by RJDog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You mention NDIS drivers but typically for IPX stack you need ODI drivers for your card. Should be pretty easy to find for a common card like Intel Pro/100.

Typically, 16-bit (i.e. not Novell's 32-bit Client32) driver loading looks like:

lsl.com
e100bodi.com (or whatever the odi driver is for your card)
ipxodi.com