VOGONS

NDIS3PKT by Daniel Lanciani

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One question to moderators.

Would it be ethical if i share here some piece of very useful but copyrighted software which can't be found anywhere for now in their registered form, when their author is passed away a seven years ago? Direct payment to it was only one way to obtain your own registered copy and now it just impossible. Maybe someone try to get permission from his relatives?

Sorry, my very low skills in english language can't give my thoughts and motivations more accurate. Anyway i'm ready to share my own registered copy to others.

And again, sorry if topic in its own is unethical.

Reply 1 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🙁 reminds me of mr. V. Buerg - I wanted to finally get a registered version of his LIST program but sadly he passed away and I lost my chance forever...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 5, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
aleksej wrote:

Would it be ethical if i share here some piece of very useful but copyrighted software

I'm not a moderator, but the answer is simple: no. If a software developer dies, his software does not become freeware. Unless the heirs agree to release the software, it remains copyrighted. If you can no longer get a registered copy now, then that's how it is. That's not a reason to ignore copyrights. That may sound harsch given that the author passed away, but I think that *because of that*, his work should be respected.

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What derSammler said. Locking thread.

konc wrote:

Also it's a bit funny that half a day later in such a popular forum no one "in charge" ever looked at this.

Can't speak for the others, but I've been super busy with things away from VOGONS. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto