VOGONS

First post, by Talthos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(My deepest apologies ahead of time if this is the wrong section for this question; none of the other subforums matched up 100% with this question)

I want to rip the CD audio from Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. But I'm having trouble locating either the CD audio files themselves, or a utility that would expose them to me. I can only locate the MIDI files, which isn't what I'm looking for.

I've tried scouring Google in search of answers, with no real success. Perhaps you guys can point me in the right direction?

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

An original CD for WarCraft 2 has a CD Audio track just like any other Audio CD. A google search for how to rip cd audio should work fine. I believe I used Exact Audio Copy back in the day.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by Talthos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

An original CD for WarCraft 2 has a CD Audio track just like any other Audio CD. A google search for how to rip cd audio should work fine. I believe I used Exact Audio Copy back in the day.

Would a disc image (like an ISO or something) also suffice? Assuming I had one from a backup or something.

Reply 4 of 4, by Talthos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I figured out why I was having problems; the image mounter I normally use (WinCDEmu) is unable to display CD Audio tracks. It can display data, but nothing else. Which is okay for most image-mounting requirements, but not for ripping CD Audio.

I tried Exact Audio Copy as you suggested, and I kept getting errors that crashed the application. Power ISO (despite its name, it isn't limited to just reading ISO files) seemed to do the trick though, interestingly enough.

Thank you for your assistance, in any case.