VOGONS

First post, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, this game seemed interesting to me and I wanted to give it a shot, but I'm having issues stopping me from doing so...

I first tried it on my NEC Ready 7022 Pentium 100mhz PC, and the game runs, but the video plays too stuttery for my liking at 15fps on all color settings (I don't want to lower the fps) and the audio has a little bit of "clickyness" to it, I suppose. Not sure if that's just how the audio is or what.

Next, I tried playing it on my Win98 Athlon XP 2400+ PC with a SBLive 5.1 for its sound card. With this, I run the game in MS-DOS mode and install the game through that. I run Liveinit to get SB16-compatible audio, but then trying to run the game with this enabled just causes the PC to reset. Even when not running Liveinit, the game quits after the "Movie Loading" screen or sometimes gets stuck at the "Insert Disc 1" screen.

Any ideas, or should I just play the 3DO or PS1 versions? Thanks.

Reply 2 of 2, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I tried the game a bit in DOSBox. The video has that same stutteryness at the default 12fps (haven't tried lower settings), but when set to 15fps that goes away. It still stutters at 15fps on the real Pentium 100, though.