VOGONS

First post, by andrewreader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a quick adventure on my Pentium 200 MMX in installing either OS/2 Version 3 or Version 4.

It was meant to be the totally cool way to run my computer. It didn't work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sjvrZQbhcxGNeCi3A

I will try on another one of my retro PCs.

Reply 1 of 4, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And did you contact your Service Representative? What did he say? 😉 SCNR

But seriously, OS/2 should still have quite big fan base. They surely have forums like this where they could help you.

Reply 2 of 4, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think I will try out OS/2 1.3 at some point on my 286. never used such an old version. Really wonderinf what it can do. 😀

I used Warp 3 quite some time as a mainstay operating system in the mid 90s. It was really, really nice.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 4, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently setup OS/2 Warp 4 in 86box... was a bit of a pain but got everything working. I find the interface to be quite clunky to use and don't really enjoy it that much.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 4 of 4, by andrewreader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think my service representative died back in '96.

Stubbornly, I want to get it working.

Back in the old days, I had a Dell P90. I remember my Dad bringing home a copy of OS/2 Warp. At this point in time, I think they were giving it away.

The lure was having a rock solid OS, that freed up all the conventional memory, could run Dos games and do internet stuff.

I installed and it didn't like the 'Hawkeye' video card. So the colour palette was limited.

At the time, I didn't know how to get back to Dos and Windows 3.11, so my Dad had to take the unit to his work for them to sort.

I will update when I can.