VOGONS

First post, by jforrest1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am attempting to install CTmouse into DOS. This is my first attempt at something like this, so I really need some detailed instructions. I have read over the CTmouse documentation, and I am not seeing any step-by-step information on how to install. This will be on a Windows 98SE machine, which I will boot into DOS for the install. I will also be using a GOTEK Floppy drive emulator.

So I have my floppy emulator drive installed, and I have the software with a ready formatted USB stick.

I downloaded CTmouse 2.1 from here http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/

Here is where I start to get confused. I extracted the file, and there are 3 folders in there "BIN, Doc, & Source"

1. Do I copy/paste all 3 of those files to a floppy file, or is there a specific file I need to install?
2. Do I just copy/paste, or do I need to save the file to the GOTEK floppy file as a "image"
3. Once I finally get the correct files on the floppy USB, what are the steps exactly once in DOS to get this installed? I understand how to navigate folders in DOS, but once I am in the floppy directory, I am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 5, by deksar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried:

Downloading cutemouse21b4.zip, extract it and inside "bin" folder, copy ctmouse.exe into C:, like it'd be: c:\ctmouse.exe (You'll only need this file)

and then add the following line into your autoexec.bat file:

C:\ctmouse.exe

and restart your system, try a DOS game/application that uses mouse.
Spectrum Holobyte's Super Tetris is a good sample to try.

Reply 3 of 5, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
oeuvre wrote:

or EDIT.EXE in DOS 6.x

Isn't it edit.com?
And it should exist since DOS 5.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!