VOGONS

First post, by Titus03

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This thread might be helpful for those who are going to install Roberta Williams Anthology for their older / newer PC:s.

The Sierra Help Pages offer a collection of patches for the Sierra-titles, but it has never been specified if a certain patch is needed for RWANTH. I found this thread, but it seems that I haven't found any further discussion about this subject anywhere. So I'll start:

List of patches needed / probably needed with RWANTH

Mystery House, Wizard and the Princess, Mission Asteroid. Time Zone, The Dark Crystal

The newest version of AppleWin-emulator can be found here.

King's Quest I

Up to date!

King's Quest I SCI

King's Quest I Patch (KQ1_NRS) (DOS) – Unofficial patch

"For the remake (SCI) of King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown. This non-Sierra update is one of NewRisingSun's script level timer bugs patches. Fixes Opening/Closing Credits sequence."

King's Quest II

Up to date!

King's Quest III

Up to date!

King's Quest IV

Up to date!

King's Quest VII

Up to date!

The Colonel's Request

Up to date!

The Dagger of Amon RaI

Laura Bow 2 Updated SoundBlaster Driver (SB16DRV) (DOS) – Official patch

"This updated AUDBLAST.DRV corrects a problem with some SoundBlaster 16 ASP sound cards in which only the first digitized sound effect is heard."

Note: The same AUDBLAST.DRV-file is also included in RWANTH's King's Quest VI's DOS-version.

Mixed-Up Mother Goose SCI

Up to date!

Mixed-Up Mother Goose CD

Up to date!

Unsure, if needed:

King's Quest V

King's Quest V Patch (KQ5FIX) (Windows) – Official patch

"This patch fixes the extremely rare restore problem in King's Quest V."

RWANTH has: SIERRA.EXE, 138 499 bytes, 20. April 1992
Patch has: SIERRA.EXE, 55 186 bytes, 16. November 1990

Currently, I consider this patch not needed, because the newer version is on the disc. But I wonder if they have made additional changes to the file after the patch was released.

King's Quest VI

King's Quest VI CD Patch (KQ6CDHI) (Windows) – Official patch

"This patch will correct a problem that occurs when King's Quest VI CD is run through Windows at video resolutions higher than 640 x 480. If you were having difficulty making Prince Alexander walk off the bottom of the screen or pick up certain objects, and are running Windows at higher video resolutions like 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768, this patch will help."

RWANTH has: SCIVW.EXE, 1.000.00G, 190 464 bytes, 24. August 1993
Patch has: SCIVW.EXE, 1.000.00G, 190 976 bytes, 23. July 1993

Currently, I consider this patch not needed. This one is also weird: Version number is the same, and just a little bit newer version is included on the disc.

Worth checking for Windows 2000/XP/DOSBox/ScummVM -users:

Windows 2000 Help

Old Sierra Games & Windows XP

New Installers for Sierra Games

Descriptions by The Sierra Help Pages

For addiditon and corrections, please send a reply to this message. Confirmation is needed at least for those two patches I have marked as "unsure". I try to keep this list updated, although it might end up delayed.

EDIT (13th February 2019): When this thread gets too old and no more replies are allowed, you can send me any corrections by PM, and I'll add them here.

- Titus03 -