VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was having troubles with XFDISK boot manager so I uninstalled it and installed Plop from a floppy but after install (install says everything went good) I press number 9 for a reboot and I get to my DDO software for the HDD with the "press spacebar to boot a floppy or C for CDrom drive" and it gets stuck there, I have both Dos 6.21 and Win 95 already installed and I can use SFDISK or XFDISK and see both partitions for FAT16 Dos and FAT32 95, only one is active the other inactive or hidden I have tried both setting inactive/hidden but the same thing happens, im using Plop 5.0.15 and used the image file for the floppy from the install folder with an image writer for the floppy disk, I dont know the system requirements for Plop but my system is a 486DX2 66MHz with 16MB ram I have tried the text version in Plops install menu but it still hangs. I have tried uninstalling Plop and repairing the master boot record in XFDISK and then reinstalling Plop but a no go.

Reply 2 of 3, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used another hard drive 10GB but the Bios only sees 504MB without DDO and made two partitions both FAT16 and I still have the same problem so maybe the DDO is not the problem.