VOGONS

Is there an iSCSCI Initiator for Windows 98 available?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by totalizator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there an iSCSCI Initiator for Windows 98 available? I am wondering whether it is possible to share an optical drive via iSCSI to a pre XP OS. Latest version that is listen on Microsoft (2.08) requires at least Win XP.

If not, do you know of any other alternatives to share real drive to the Windows 98 via network? Right now I'm using Daemon Tools V3.47 but there are some occasional issues with DRM in some games.

Reply 1 of 5, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found a few people online who seemed to suggest that Microsoft iSCSI Initiator 1.x versions supported Windows 98, but other evidence that it didn't actually work on 98. All the information I could find on old Microsoft pages in the Internet Archive and in old knowledge base articles suggested it was only for Windows 2000 and higher. I'd actually like to use iSCSI for the boot drive.

Reply 2 of 5, by MarcoYES

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
doshea wrote on 2022-01-05, 10:33:

I found a few people online who seemed to suggest that Microsoft iSCSI Initiator 1.x versions supported Windows 98, but other evidence that it didn't actually work on 98. All the information I could find on old Microsoft pages in the Internet Archive and in old knowledge base articles suggested it was only for Windows 2000 and higher. I'd actually like to use iSCSI for the boot drive.

I found 1.06 and it didn't work. Still looking for 1.05 or below to see.

Reply 3 of 5, by i4004

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MarcoYES wrote on 2022-05-17, 08:14:
doshea wrote on 2022-01-05, 10:33:

I found 1.06 and it didn't work. Still looking for 1.05 or below to see.

Hey, I'm still looking for any Microsoft iSCSI initiator version 1.0x. I couldn't find any ! If you have it, please, share it with me on a GoogleDrive, OneDrive or any download link, please ? israelgino@outlook.com
The oldest version I have is 2.08. I would like to check if 1.0x works on Windows NT 4.0 Server in order to build a cluster environment.
Thanks a lot !

Reply 4 of 5, by i4004

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
totalizator wrote on 2019-03-17, 12:29:

Is there an iSCSCI Initiator for Windows 98 available? I am wondering whether it is possible to share an optical drive via iSCSI to a pre XP OS. Latest version that is listen on Microsoft (2.08) requires at least Win XP.

If not, do you know of any other alternatives to share real drive to the Windows 98 via network? Right now I'm using Daemon Tools V3.47 but there are some occasional issues with DRM in some games.

Hello ! Did you find any iSCSI initiator version 1.0x ? I had no success until now. I've been searching for it since few years ago.
The oldest version I have here is 2.08. If you have an oldest ( any 1.0x ) please share with me on a GoogleDrive, OneDrive or any download link, please. israelgino@outlook.com

I would like to check if the versions 1.0x could work with Windows NT 4.0 Server in order to build a Microsoft Failover Cluster. I had success building it for Windows Server 2000 ( but using the initiator 2.08 ). worked nicely.

Thank a lot !