VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If your machine is beefy enough to run PCem or 86box with a Socket 7 pentium without lagging, that could also work fine for NT4

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 21 of 22, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

Didn't know you needed WfW with network. Who needs that? 😉

Just a fun personal project to revisit my childhood... 🤣

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 22 of 22, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's a crazy idea: I have three VMs: rpi3, W10 and elementaryOS VMs on VMWare Fusion.

Now imagine a VMWare Fusion running raspberryPi3 VM with DOSBOX-X inside running a DOS622/WFW311 VM.

This way I could circumvent the need for ethernet to have NE2000 working (So I could still stay on wifi whenever I want).
I think that one of these two 2nd VM solutions above could give both things to me (network and sound). I could practically set up the rpi3 VM to load DOSBOX right after the boot. So it would look like one VM only.

Virtualbox has problems to emulate properly SB16. VMWare Fusion does not emulate SB16 (but its Windows version has no issues to do so). DOSBOX-X needs ethernet to be able to give networking through NE2000 emulation. So thinking about this... came this crazy idea.

Crazy, no? I started to laugh when I thought about how crazy it is and how ridiculous I would look like doing this...

EDIT: Until I manage to compile successfully the dosbox-x for the rpi3 machine (lots of errors), I decided to try elementaryOS VM. I managed to get both sound and networking working amazing well with the following setup: virtualbox in an elementaryOS virtual machine running on VMWare Fusion. Overkill!

If only virtualbox for macOS could do the sound properly, then I wouldn't need such thing... Next project: Windows NT 3.51 VM

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!