VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello. I am not sure if this belongs here. Yesterday I tried to setup DUNE 2 to run with MT-32 Music and Speech. Unfortunately without success. It runs perfect with all sound settings put to Soundblaster Pro. Also it runs perfect with Roland Sound when I choose not to use extended memory - but this means no speech. When I choose MT-32 for music and Soundblaster Pro for digitized Sound and choosing use of extended memory the game freezes on startup. Sounds familiar? Is there a way to get it running with both - Roland and Speech?

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 4, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

have you got enough conventional memory free? I remember dune 2 sound effects like the units speaking not playing when you have under 590k or 580k

Reply 3 of 4, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Checked... It doesn't work... Perhaps my soundcard (ct1740) isn't able to process two things at the same time. Music and effects through midi and Speech through Sound Blaster Pro...? But then again... Why does it work with other games like inherit the earth without issues... I will play around... Maybe I find something
I have 617 free memory

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 4 of 4, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello again.
It works. Music and Speech. Mt32 and Soundblaster.
I found the solution here in vogons forum:
DUNE II : Roland MT-32 + Sound Blaster support ?