VOGONS

First post, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have some old original driver discs that I was thinking of imaging and posting. Is that legal or is it considered piracy?

I'm pretty sure it would be considered piracy, but the Vogons Driver library seems to have a lot of these images.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 6, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Driver distribution is usually not considered piracy, as one may say that it is just something designed to accompany a certain piece of physical hardware, and is worthless without it.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 5 of 6, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Arctic wrote:
Can I upload some driver CDs to the vogons archive? How does it work and who do you need to ask for permission? I have lots o […]
Show full quote

Can I upload some driver CDs to the vogons archive?
How does it work and who do you need to ask for permission?

I have lots of CDs that need to be preserved 😀

You can just upload your ISO files to any file hosting (or just Dropbox) and post the links in this thread. After a while, the mods will pick up those files and upload them to Vogonsdrivers.com.

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 6 of 6, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jheronimus wrote:
Arctic wrote:
Can I upload some driver CDs to the vogons archive? How does it work and who do you need to ask for permission? I have lots o […]
Show full quote

Can I upload some driver CDs to the vogons archive?
How does it work and who do you need to ask for permission?

I have lots of CDs that need to be preserved 😀

You can just upload your ISO files to any file hosting (or just Dropbox) and post the links in this thread. After a while, the mods will pick up those files and upload them to Vogonsdrivers.com.

Or better even, contribute to The Internet Archive's software archive and then post the links.