VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Opera 10.70 Build 3488 is currently better than Retrozilla for browsing newer webpages on Windows 95. Make sure you enable TLS 1.2 and disable TLS 1.0 and SSL. If any certificate issues then you'll need to use a proxy. A custom built proxy that runs on Windows is available on the MSFN forums but only runs on 2000 and above which is fine. Just run it on 2000+ and point Opera on Windows 95 to it.
List of Web Browsers For All Operating Systems

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 21 of 24, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Opera 10.70 Build 3488 is currently better than Retrozilla for browsing newer webpages on Windows 95.

I'm not too worried about newer pages, but the constant nagging about accepting or not certificates is rather unbearable.
Can't I make a proxy on my own router? It runs a pretty decent firmware.

The main reason I switched to Retrozilla from Firefox was that Firefox seemed to eat much RAM. I couldn't play a tune with XMPlay when using it because it said it had not enough memory. No problems with Retrozilla so far.

Reply 24 of 24, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think Palemoon ever had a Win9x build it was XP up. It does have a win2k build with an unofficial kernal extention. https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/2018 … ndows-2000.html That may work with Win98 with KernalEx set to w2k. Might be worth a shot. Nice thing about it comes as a bzipped tar ball so will easily run on older linux systems. I use it all the time.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉