VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
Yesterday I installed unreal tournament and quake. Both games are running really smooth when using OpenGL. But the brightness cannot be in- or decreased. Maybe I don't see it. I googled on that and searched for a tab in my Nvidia settings. But I can't find a way to change the brightness for OpenGL Games. Is there a way? Or is it impossible to change that?
I am using a GeForce 4 ti 4200 (version with 64MB), installed latest driver package.
Perhaps I just missed something...

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You'll have to use your video control panel for those. GLQuake doesn't do any brightness control except for 3dfx cards (where the minigl will happily do 1.7 gamma). Unreal Tournament's shipped OpenGLDrv was very feature incomplete. Use D3DDrv instead.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 4, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I use direct3d in unreal tournament I get slight lags. Micro stuttering in the intro and so on. Resolution is set to 1024x768 and 32bpp. There is no stuttering when using the same settings in OpenGL. It runs so fluently - it is a pleasure to look at it. So I have the choice between fluent and to dark or stuttering and good brightness.

Maybe I should try 16bpp

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 3 of 4, by Burrito78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just adjust the gamma setting in the Nvidia drivers for your whole desktop. The desktop is too bright then maybe but the game will look better. Just set it back to normal after you played the games.

Sound Blaster: From best to worst
Member of DOSBox Staging

Reply 4 of 4, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well well well well folks... I did it. Looks like the GPU driver was not that perfect.
I had to downgrade to 61.something. unreal Tournament runs damn smooth now in direct3d - it stays almost constantly at 60 fps. And for glquake I just put up gamma a little bit and it also looks really nice now. Thnx for the help