VOGONS

First post, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't found a very exhaustive list of mode 10h games. Maybe they were just super uncommon? If one exists can someone point me to it?

thanks in advance!

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 1 of 9, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's plenty of 640x350x16 games, just search for them in genres like strategy/puzzle, not arcade.
Blockout, Color Lines, Netwars, Sierra's 3-D Helicopter Simulator, Sim City...
And there are special cases like Lemmings, where the gameplay is in 320x200, but the title screen in 640x350.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 2 of 9, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

.. CD Man, EGATrek, SimAnt, Frederik Pohl's Gateway, Wonderland (Magnetic Scrolls titles) also use 640x350, afaik.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 9, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My childhood favorite: The Game of Robot.

http://www.game-of-robot.de/

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 6 of 9, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also: Microsoft Flight Simulator 3 & 4.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 7 of 9, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jo22 wrote:

.. CD Man, EGATrek, SimAnt, Frederik Pohl's Gateway, Wonderland (Magnetic Scrolls titles) also use 640x350, afaik.

Basically all the early Legend games: Spellcasting 101-301, Timequest, Gateway, Homeworld, Eric the Unready. They all run (optionally) in 640x350.

YouTube and Bonus

Reply 8 of 9, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
root42 wrote:
Jo22 wrote:

Basically all the early Legend games: Spellcasting 101-301, Timequest, Gateway, Homeworld, Eric the Unready. They all run (optionally) in 640x350.

Thanks! Speaking of Spellcasting 101.. According to Mobygames, "Panic in Cobra City" *may* also support EGA, depending on the version. 😉
(The common version seems to use VGA@640x480, with black bars, though. The MegaTech intro seems to require VGA, at least).

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 9 of 9, by chyron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for necromancing.
CM does works in DosBox with machine=ega, animated revolver-themed intro including.
There's that pesky file called setup.exe 😉 with ega/vga choice - but sound device can be changed in game too...

PS God, i hated that my copy BID was set to EGA (and apparently setup.exe was missing) - signal timing was different from "common" modes so picture moved from 'center' position noticeably.