VOGONS

First post, by Eirle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well,i wanna know if use the Windows Xp CD-Rom to fix my bootloader,will it erase my data?

Why has God abandoned us?

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As per the pinned topic in this forum: "This forum is for running old Windows games on NEW (supported) versions of Windows" Ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 4, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

depends how you use the CD, also depending on your case you may not need the CD.

You need to be more specific about what happened, how it happened. I already suspect it says NTLDR not preset or something. If your boot sector is corrupt you wont even get the NTLDR message, but that's not the boot loader. It could mean your boot partition is not the active one, it could also mean that your It also could be that your boot INI got changed. there are several other things and they all don't necessarily mean you need to replace the boot loader.

Just saying if I use this CD will it delete my data to replace boot loader. Ok, 1st you don't know that is your problem and 2nd ya it can delete you data if you don't do it the right way. And still even if you did it the right way it might not even fix your problem because we donlt even know what its problem is.

Reply 4 of 4, by Eirle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2020-01-24, 03:57:

depends how you use the CD, also depending on your case you may not need the CD.

You need to be more specific about what happened, how it happened. I already suspect it says NTLDR not preset or something. If your boot sector is corrupt you wont even get the NTLDR message, but that's not the boot loader. It could mean your boot partition is not the active one, it could also mean that your It also could be that your boot INI got changed. there are several other things and they all don't necessarily mean you need to replace the boot loader.

Just saying if I use this CD will it delete my data to replace boot loader. Ok, 1st you don't know that is your problem and 2nd ya it can delete you data if you don't do it the right way. And still even if you did it the right way it might not even fix your problem because we donlt even know what its problem is.

I already fixed it, i deleted the Ubuntu partition, but GRUB was bugged, I fix it with the cd recovery terminal, fixed the MBR to load windows, and it's working.

Why has God abandoned us?