VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've recently become interested in this small subset of Windows games (before MPC became kind of irrelevant) because some of them can use the Turtle Beach MultiSound Classic, a wavetable card not usually associated with games.

So far, I've tested MPC versions of King's Quest V and Space Quest IV. I suspect that the MPC versions of King's Quest VI and The Dagger of Amon Ra will also work, and I have these on order.

Sierra games can be tricky because so many come on CD-ROM but are just the DOS versions pressed onto this medium. I look for the MPC logo stamped directly on the disc.

I know that there is a lot of educational software that fits this description, but I'd appreciate knowing about non-educational games, especially those with good music. Thanks!

Reply 2 of 2, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It turns out that Battle Chess MPC gets its music directly off the CD-ROM rather than synthesizing it with wavetable. I'm guessing that a lot of MPC titles play music this way, and perhaps a few Sierra titles are the only MPC games that still use wavetable to synthesize MIDI music.