First post, by Deksor
Hello everyone, here's the little personal project I'm working on at the moment to learn 16 bits x86 assembly : a "Snake" game for 8088 ! At the moment, its control keys are the arrow keys to move, and escape to quit the game.
- The "bare" game engine (display the snake*, being able to control it, to make it grow ...)
- Support of VGA "13h" mode
- Support of the CGA Plantronics Colorplus graphic mode
- The game runs at the same speed no matter which system you use**
- A configuration menu
- A title screen
- Obstacles to avoid
- Support for other video cards (Tandy Graphics Adapter, maybe EGA)
- Add sound effects and music
- Last minute adjustments (snake's speed, maximum size, colors, etc)
* Displaying the snake depends of the graphic mode, currently only VGA and CGA Plantronics Colorplus are functional.
** For now, this causes a bug with DOS that makes the clock to run much faster than usual (nearly four times faster).
Please note that I'm still a beginner with assembly, if you see horrible mistakes, please be comprehensive :approve:. Same with Github, I'm struggling a bit sometimes ^^. However any hint to improve the code is welcome 😁.
To assemble the project, I used Borland Turbo Assembler 2.02 available here.
And finally, the Github project 😀