VOGONS

First post, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to play a game using a SNES controller connected to my parallel port.

I've configured the keys I want to match the controller buttons, and I have enough conventional memory to load SNESKey and the game I want to play, but the game doesn't respond to the SNES controller.

Does the parallel port need to be set to a specific mode? None of the documentation I've read mentions that setting.

Reply 1 of 5, by Asaki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The way I have it set up, I have the SNESKEY.EXE in with my other DOS utils, which are loaded in "path". So I put a BAT file and the INI file in with the game I want to run...BAT file just loads SNESKEY.EXE, the INI should point to the game I want to run and the keybindings (ProgPath = ultima.exe, for example). Running the SNESKEY.BAT should automatically load up the game, never had any problems.

If you're still having issues, are you sure your adapter is working properly?

Reply 4 of 5, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My Windows 98 drive failed, waiting on a flash card to IDE converter to arrive before reinstalling.

In the meantime; I installed the DOS version of ZSNES since it supports the SNES adapter without needing a driver, but the controller still isn't getting through.

I noticed that my motherboard supports a few different modes for the parallel port, some of which have DMA access. May I ask what settings you're using?