VOGONS

MDK 2 doesn´t start

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by khyypio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I´ve made my peace with not ever getting my copy of MDK2 working on my retro machine, so be it. However, I did found a way to fix the notorious "Could not load OpenGL sub system" error message for id Tech 3 games.
- I re-installed the games, didn´t work
- I re-installed DirectX 8, didn´t work
- I re-installed the GPU drivers, didn´t work
- I re-installed the core files from Unofficial Service Pack 3.64, WORKED!

So if anyone else has been struggling with the same problem, at least now you how fix that frustrating error caused by MDK 2. Thanks everyone!

IMG_20200515_125435.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200515_125435.jpg
File size
103.09 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 21 of 23, by Garrett W

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have never seen MDK2 cause an issue like this on any of my setups throughout the years and I have played and benchmarked this particular game countless times on way too many configurations. It could very well be the unofficial Service Pack that has caused you headaches.

Reply 22 of 23, by khyypio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Garrett W wrote on 2020-05-15, 10:19:

I have never seen MDK2 cause an issue like this on any of my setups throughout the years and I have played and benchmarked this particular game countless times on way too many configurations. It could very well be the unofficial Service Pack that has caused you headaches.

That´s very possible. I´ll test it some day without USP and let you guys know if it did the trick.