VOGONS

First post, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"the procedure entry point gettickcount64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

The installer works but the game doesn't launch and gives this error. Can this be fixed or do I need to track down a physical copy if I want to play it natively?

SOLUTION: Delete the d3d9.dll. You can use your GOG installer in Windows XP with no issues but this file will prevent the game from launching.

Last edited by infiniteclouds on 2020-06-20, 06:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by tomexplodes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To my knowledge, GOG's installers are meant to be run on Windows 7 or later, and that's what most of the games are optimized for. Sometimes you can find whatever file they used as a disk image and mount that to a virtual drive or burn it, and install it natively that way, or with DOS games just copy them over to a machine they run on. So you're pretty much down to either finding a physical copy or just finding a disk image somewhere, since you do technically own the game. Not sure on the legality of that, but that's my take on it. Hope this helps!

1.) MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium 233mhz, 32mb RAM, S3 Trio64, Sound Blaster Pro 2
2.) Windows 98SE with Unofficial SP3, AMD Athlon 1.3ghz, 768mb RAM, Geforce 4 MX 440 64mb AGP, Sound Blaster Live! Value

Reply 2 of 4, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for responding! So the installer actually DOES work on Windows XP just fine but I've also tried installing it on Windows 7 and then copying it over to my XP drive. The issue seems to be that there must be some essential files that are different from the retail release.

Does anyone have a retail install they could list out their directory to compare?

Reply 3 of 4, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
infiniteclouds wrote on 2020-06-20, 04:07:

Thank you for responding! So the installer actually DOES work on Windows XP just fine but I've also tried installing it on Windows 7 and then copying it over to my XP drive. The issue seems to be that there must be some essential files that are different from the retail release.

Does anyone have a retail install they could list out their directory to compare?

I have the PC gamer version , I suspect this is quite different from the original release as it has ogg files, but for what its worth here is the directory listing....good luck its over 2 megs in size.

Note: This version runs on XP, where I'm currently playing it.

Attachments

• Filename
    JadeEmpire.txt
    File size
    2.34 MiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 4 of 4, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

At a glance besides the goggame type files my contains an extra folder _redist and a d3d9.dll.

Thank you for sharing ! You actually helped me figure it out. All I needed to do was remove the d3d9.dll and it runs!