VOGONS

First post, by Dacobi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got a Pentium 200 MMX PC from Ebay. It was installed with Italien Win98.

Instead of doing a complete reinstall I ran an upgrade with English Win98.
But this only worked partially. All interfaces are now English except the file explorer.

Is there at way to fix this without deleting and reinstalling Windows?

Reply 2 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dacobi wrote on 2020-06-18, 19:38:
I just got a Pentium 200 MMX PC from Ebay. It was installed with Italien Win98. […]
Show full quote

But this only worked partially. All interfaces are now English except the file explorer.

Why do you want to hold on to somebody else's old, maybe virus infected and with who knows what dll or other issues, Windows 98 install ?
I can understand imaging it, just in case, and keep things like specific drivers or whatever else of interest, but why would you want to keep the actual Windows install, even if it was in your language of preference ?

Reply 4 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dacobi wrote on 2020-06-18, 19:38:
I just got a Pentium 200 MMX PC from Ebay. It was installed with Italien Win98. […]
Show full quote

I remember once having used some (unofficial?) service pack on my custom Windows install and it turned my Windows into a Dutch/English hybrid or something.
I don't know for sure what I ended up doing with it, but chances are I left it as is as it still worked and I didn't end up using that rig that much anyway so I just went along with it 🤣

But I'd suggest you do a fresh and brand new install as this will probably be easier then trying to fix this.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!