VOGONS

First post, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was trying to run this on windows XP, but it just wont run. It keeps saying i need direct X 6, but the system has direct x 8 or so maybe 9... has anyone had this game running?

Windows XP Pentium 4 3.06 ghz
1 gig ram
ati radeon x300 video card.

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Law212 wrote on 2020-08-05, 19:36:

I was trying to run this on windows XP, but it just wont run. It keeps saying i need direct X 6

Details are needed. Are you installing the game from its original disc? Do you get any error messages during the installation? What specific error message does it give you, and do you have to do anything in particular to generate the error?

A moment of Googling suggests there is a D3D patch. Did you download that?

Trying to use Windows 9x compatibility mode is a good idea for starters. If all else fails you may have to resort to PCem.

Or you can just buy the game on GOG or Steam, as those versions of the game probably come with fixes.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/493310/Req … Avenging_Angel/

Reply 2 of 2, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2020-08-05, 20:06:
Details are needed. Are you installing the game from its original disc? Do you get any error messages during the installation? […]
Show full quote
Law212 wrote on 2020-08-05, 19:36:

I was trying to run this on windows XP, but it just wont run. It keeps saying i need direct X 6

Details are needed. Are you installing the game from its original disc? Do you get any error messages during the installation? What specific error message does it give you, and do you have to do anything in particular to generate the error?

A moment of Googling suggests there is a D3D patch. Did you download that?

Trying to use Windows 9x compatibility mode is a good idea for starters. If all else fails you may have to resort to PCem.

Or you can just buy the game on GOG or Steam, as those versions of the game probably come with fixes.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/493310/Req … Avenging_Angel/

Trying to run it from the original CD . Ill look into the d3d patch.