VOGONS

First post, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

hey I tried to just boot a 486 DX2 with a floppy and run GODS and I get some Error Dos Error - Return Code AX=;

Tried searching for a solution

Reply 1 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is certainly not any kind of typical error.

To rule out the obvious: are you installing this game from original media? And have you been able to run other things on this 486?

Reply 2 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gods is that kind of game that just runs on everything, well with verry fast machines you just disable cache. 486 class machines totally do not need that.

What are your config.sys and autoexec.bat configuration and what dos version do you use?

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 3 of 5, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The issue seemed to resolve itself when I found a iso of the game online, not the warez version I got from somwhere. I want to say that the warez version I had worked fine on all the other computers i tried it on.

Reply 4 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I do have a wares version with two executables, on normal, and one with full invicibility cheat.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 5 of 5, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It should be very easy to spot which version you have:

1. 4868 jan 7 1992 GODS.EXE without copy protection
  2. 4948 jan 7 1992 GODS.EXE with copy protection
  3. 4900 feb 19 1992 GODS.EXE with copy protection (v1.01)

And the biggest mystery, why did they release a version without copy protection ?