VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For my latest build I've installed Gigabyte EasyTune6 as fan control for the CPU fan.
It works fine so far, but it won't start minimized to the system tray (always pops up fullsized on top), no matter what parameters I use and that's rather annoying 🙁

Are there any known start up parameters that I can use with "EasyTune6" to start it really minimized?
Or is there another (lightweight) fan control tool that might work with the mainboard (Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H rev. 2.1)?

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 2 of 2, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the advice, but I've tried speedfan and it is (still) way to unhandy and has it's problems with exotic (retro)chipsets/sensors.
If there is no easy alternative, I'd rather stick to EasyTune6 - it suits the purpose, annoying as it may be ...

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.