VOGONS

First post, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

today i extracted and installed Deja Vu 1 & 2 windows version. After installation, according to these games i had to restart my pc. So, before windows 95 start, a msg came on screen regarding a problem with a file named Anthook.386, i pressed a key to continue and the computer continued to boot in windows 95 normally. I erased the file, restarted the pc and then another msg came out regarding that the file is missing. Again i pressed a key and windows 95 started. Finally i edited system.ini file where i erased the file and now the computers starts normally again without stupid msgs on screen.

Propably this has happened also to others but i feel i want to share it. Thank you.

Note: My PC is a Cyrix 6x86 120Mhz, 32mb ram, S3 Virge 4mb, 20gb hard drive, Windows95.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    Filename
    photo 1.jpg
    File size
    34.47 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • photo 2.jpg
    Filename
    photo 2.jpg
    File size
    53.17 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • photo 3.jpg
    Filename
    photo 3.jpg
    File size
    55.45 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

- Macintosh LC475, Powerbook 540c, Macintosh Performa 6116CD, Power Macintosh G3 Minitower (x2), Imac G3, Powermac G4 MDD, Powermac G5, Imac Mid 2007
- Cyrix 120
- Amiga 500, Amiga 1200
- Atari 1040 STF
- Roland MT32, CM64, CM500, SC55, SC88, Yamaha MU50

Reply 1 of 1, by zoinknoise

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks. the same exact thing just happened to me. it's unsettling that installing an ordinary game would clobber Windows in such a way. i suspect it's something to do with sound, because the installer says it's installing a "sound driver" along with the game. (uh...what?) must be some kind of weird Win3.x thing.