Rank
4xtx wrote on 2021-04-04, 11:08:
Cool well hope it can serve some purpose for you :-) […]
Show full quote
radiance32 wrote on 2021-04-03, 05:54:
That's it, got it! ;) Maybe there was some temporary issue??? […]
Show full quote
4xtx wrote on 2021-04-03, 00:28:

Weird - that's my personal server (hosted in Australia).. anyway I uploaded it to a random sharing service hope it works: https://gofile.io/d/r2WOoN

That's it, got it! 😉
Maybe there was some temporary issue???

Anyways,
I have a busy dayjob, so it's gonna take me some time to go through all this...
BTW, where did you get the time to do all this (the 2 documents that test all the games and show the screenshots, must have taken you weeks to test all that!)

Cheers,
Terrence

Cool well hope it can serve some purpose for you 😀

This project started around August 2020 and the first 3 revisions of this list are extracted from some of that work plus some "new" testing.
I can't recall how long it's taken to get the list to this state as initially I faded in and out of testing over a few months - the spreadsheet/screenshot document was only a week or so, nothing major..

I also have a busy day (and sometimes night) job and am constantly distracted with other projects so not sure when I'll continue updating my list but if I do I'll check back in here.

I really don't have the time to add hundreds of entries to the first post in this thread,
eg, the "big" list of windows 3.0 real mode 8086 compatible apps,
so i might just add your entire archive and a link to download the documents you've created (eg, the spreadsheets with all the compatibility tests, and the screenshots document)
is that ok with you ?

Terrence

Reply 41 of 42, by 4xtx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
radiance32 wrote on 2021-04-04, 20:43:
I really don't have the time to add hundreds of entries to the first post in this thread, eg, the "big" list of windows 3.0 real […]
Show full quote
4xtx wrote on 2021-04-04, 11:08:
Cool well hope it can serve some purpose for you :-) […]
Show full quote
radiance32 wrote on 2021-04-03, 05:54:
That's it, got it! ;) Maybe there was some temporary issue??? […]
Show full quote

That's it, got it! 😉
Maybe there was some temporary issue???

Anyways,
I have a busy dayjob, so it's gonna take me some time to go through all this...
BTW, where did you get the time to do all this (the 2 documents that test all the games and show the screenshots, must have taken you weeks to test all that!)

Cheers,
Terrence

Cool well hope it can serve some purpose for you 😀

This project started around August 2020 and the first 3 revisions of this list are extracted from some of that work plus some "new" testing.
I can't recall how long it's taken to get the list to this state as initially I faded in and out of testing over a few months - the spreadsheet/screenshot document was only a week or so, nothing major..

I also have a busy day (and sometimes night) job and am constantly distracted with other projects so not sure when I'll continue updating my list but if I do I'll check back in here.

I really don't have the time to add hundreds of entries to the first post in this thread,
eg, the "big" list of windows 3.0 real mode 8086 compatible apps,
so i might just add your entire archive and a link to download the documents you've created (eg, the spreadsheets with all the compatibility tests, and the screenshots document)
is that ok with you ?

Terrence

Of course - feel free to use any part of the project for your purpose

Reply 42 of 42, by danaeckel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a fun thread I found. I have been playing around with PCEmu, and have a virtual machine with 8086 16MHZ, Hercules Graphics, and 2MB Expanded ram. I have been playing around with real mode Windows 3.0 looking for software. So Microsoft kept real mode for compatibility with Windows 2. From what it looks like there wasn't much of anything for Windows 2. After using it on a beefed up 8086 system I couldn't imagine it on a 4MHZ PC or 7 MHZ XT lacking ram expansion. I do have a wish list of some sort of sound support, and NEC 2000 network driver.