VOGONS

Is this a fake Lemmings disk?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by wrexroad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was able to create an image of the disk with dd and mounted it on my Linux machine to calculate crc32 of 8458c7c6. The file also has a date of 07-19-91 so that all checks out. There were also a bunch of directories in the image called '?m??m??m.??m' which I was unable to access, so I'm guessing that has to do with the write protection as well.

Thanks for all of the input on this, it's been very educational! Still strange that the label is different, I'm betting that its because it's an OEM version as cyclone3d and jmarsh said (although still different than megatron-uk's Sound Balster 2.0 copy).

Reply 21 of 21, by Nyerguds2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2021-03-06, 08:41:

I believe my Indy 500 and Lemmings disks came bundled in with a Sound blaster 2.0 boxed set:

IMG20210306083806.jpg

At least I think that's where they came from - I can't remember getting boxed versions of those two games.

I have the same stuff! I don't know what happened to the Indy 500 disc, but I do remember we used to own it. I also still have the Lemmings manual.

Did these come with their own box? I vaguely remember a Lemmings box, but I'm not sure; it might indeed have been the Sound Blaster box. Both the Lemmings disc and manual have resided in my Mortal Kombat 1 box for ages for safe keeping.

Are there any free Windows tools to make 1:1 backups of these discs that can be used by DOSBox, by the way? I looked around a lot, but never got any good answers.

Expert on all things Command & Conquer 1 related, creator of the C&C95 v1.06 patch, contributor and tester on the official C&C Remastered project.
(Ignore the '2' in the name 😩)