VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rwolf wrote on 2024-01-31, 14:39:

I just looked at my boxed copy of Blue Shift, purchased on July 30th 2001, 1-2 months after initial release at an equivalent price of 15 USD, not too expensive IMO.

What country? Is it a real copy? Even 2 months later they could have reduced the price. You could get 10$ off if you already owned Opposing Force and sent in a rebate so I doubt the original price was 15.00 US.

I'd be interested if anyone can provide some evidence of the price. It was expensive enough that I was pissed off and took it back. I can't seem to find anything so far in my searches.

I only ever returned 3 games in my life when you still could : Half-Life: Blueshift, Return to Krondor, and Starcraft. Krondor was another game that I beat in hours, and Starcraft I took back because I felt it was too similar to all the other RTS games I'd been playing and I was already tired of the formula.

Reply 21 of 22, by Rwolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

UK release, purchased in Sweden, yes a real retail copy - not sure if I owned OpFor at the time, but there was no rebate coupon here, only a registration form to send in. (I still have the receipt for 149 SEK, which actually was about 14USD at the time. This was marked down from 169 SEK, or about 16 USD)

Reply 22 of 22, by Spark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just played through this on a single voodoo 2, no problems on Windows 98.
Use 3dfx driver version 30300 and copy glide2x.dll,glide3x.dll,fxmemmap.vxd and 3dfxvgl.dll into the blue shift folder.
3dfxvgl.dll is version 1.0.0.0439 ICD (if you need to check in the file properties).
Rename 3dfxvgl.dll to opengl32.dll, start the game, select default opengl in the graphics options.
No crashes after the hidden elevator, or during or after the xen section.
Nice game, never played before, loads of fan service. Didn't expect to see Gordon going past at the start on the tram, that was a nice touch.