VOGONS

First post, by Art

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have two versions of Blade Warrior (Jason Kingsley / Image Works, 1989), one is on a 3.5" disk, one is on a CD-ROM. Both of them have "New version with Sound Blaster sound" written on the box, but the game installation program doesn't work at all, so I can't install or run the game. I found another version on the internet (probably the older original version), which works and it have only the PC speaker sound. Does anybody know anything about the newer version? Was is sold only in a non-working state?

Reply 1 of 2, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Art wrote on 2021-09-10, 07:52:

I have two versions of Blade Warrior (Jason Kingsley / Image Works, 1989), one is on a 3.5" disk, one is on a CD-ROM. Both of them have "New version with Sound Blaster sound" written on the box, but the game installation program doesn't work at all, so I can't install or run the game. I found another version on the internet (probably the older original version), which works and it have only the PC speaker sound. Does anybody know anything about the newer version? Was is sold only in a non-working state?

Do you get an error when trying to run the setup ? is the disk moving at all in the cd drive ?
It could be a defective disk but it's better to do multiple tests first.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 2 of 2, by Art

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Both disks are OK. I tested it and copied all files on a hard disk without any problems. The installation program just immediately ends without any message. I looked at the executable file and its structure doesn't look like an executable file, only by its name. The 3.5" version was still sealed when I opened it, so it seems they were selling a non-working version.