VOGONS

First post, by darkpilot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have found some floppies from some unknown system. They probably were used on some soviet computer located in one of the aircraft factories.
They have different software and utilities. The floppies are standard 5inch 360kb floppies (not sure how they were formatted tho) and have markings CM1810 written in their labels.
I beleive they are from CM1810 computer
sm18_12.jpg
The could not be read by most of the DOS or windows software.

I want to save the content for preservation.
I have tried DISK2FDI program and were able to save some data from the disks. But i am not sure if the parameters were correct and the image was properly saves
Inside the image files I saw the following text that might help to identify the system "DOS1810 VER. 3.0", "BOOT.CSD"
On the floppy labels you can see FORTRAN 86, Pascal 86, OS SFL 1, PL/M (all written on russian)
Here is what i have found about this computer (the text is on russian https://www.computer-museum.ru/histussr/sm1800.htm)

I would appreciate any help saving the floppy content.

Reply 1 of 3, by darkpilot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok so i have found some info.
Looks like first track on CM1810 are different that usual.
I am using IMD 1.18 for making images.
Does anyone know any tool to extract files from them? Every floppy has a list of files orinted and I want to compare. I need soehow to see that the images I made are proper ones.

Reply 2 of 3, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This looks like a job for the KryoFlux!

Seriously, that device was designed specifically for this purpose.

I hope you are successful in preserving this unique bit of computing history!

Reply 3 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
digger wrote on 2021-10-23, 10:45:

This looks like a job for the KryoFlux!

Seriously, that device was designed specifically for this purpose.

I feel differently: Re: What is the best way to make floppy and CD images in regards to file integrity?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto