VOGONS

First post, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a computer with an internal hard disk and a Compact Flash connected to the second ide channel placed on a bracket so that I can insert the cfs without opening the case. What I would like would be to test various operating systems on this computer (DOS, OS / 2, Win95, Linux ...) without opening the computer to change the internal hard disk. In practice, if I install windows95 I would like to be able to backup it before formatting the hard disk to try to install NT4. I would like to copy the working operating system on the compact flash (perhaps as a single image file) to be able to restore it later and not have to reinstall it from scratch. The computer also has the floppy (from which to start some backup software at boot) but it does not boot from the CD-ROM. What software could be right for me?

tnks

Reply 1 of 5, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

symantec ghost. Boot the computer with a dos floppy boot disk and make images with ghost and save them to the other hdd. you can probably look on wayback machine. you just need the ghost.exe file. Good luck.

Reply 3 of 5, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Warlord wrote on 2021-11-05, 00:32:

symantec ghost. Boot the computer with a dos floppy boot disk and make images with ghost and save them to the other hdd. you can probably look on wayback machine. you just need the ghost.exe file. Good luck.

Interesting, wich version of ghost you use?

Reply 4 of 5, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AlessandroB wrote on 2021-11-05, 09:21:
Warlord wrote on 2021-11-05, 00:32:

Interesting, wich version of ghost you use?

I think its corporate edition 8.2 or ghost 8 or 8.2. There are earlyer versions that work just fine. Some really earlyer versions are better for 286 though.