VOGONS

First post, by Old gamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello I’m new to this site and not even sure how to post a question so here it goes. I downloaded the software for the Sidewinder 3D pro joystick stick from VOGONSDrivers. When I try to run the setup it tells me I need to be an administrator but I am the administrator. Running windows xp 32 bit. Please help. I’m having a little trouble navigating this site I hope I’m able to find your answer. Thanks

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-12-25, 07:33. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by mrwho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Old gamer wrote on 2021-12-24, 19:23:

Hello I’m new to this site and not even sure how to post a question so here it goes. I downloaded the software for the Sidewinder 3D pro joystick stick from VOGONSDrivers. When I try to run the setup it tells me I need to be an administrator but I am the administrator. Running windows xp 32 bit. Please help. I’m having a little trouble navigating this site I hope I’m able to find your answer. Thanks

Try to click on the executable with the right mouse button an choose "Run as Administrator".

“Hey, you sass that hoopy MrWho? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
My home retro drivers repository: ftp://retro:drivers@mrwho.duckdns.org

Reply 3 of 4, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unfortunately, Microsoft never created any installable SideWinder 3D Pro drivers for any Windows NT-kernel OSes, including Windows XP. If you have at least DirectX 8 installed, then you already have all of the drivers for the stick. If Windows XP does not automatically recognize the stick (with DirectX installed), then you will have to use the stick in analog mode (CH FlightStick Pro or Thrustmaster emulation based on the switch on the bottom of the stick).

The Vogonsdriver driver located here was intended for Windows 95 specifically and will not work with Windows XP, although it might work for other Windows 9x versions (Windows 98, Windows ME):
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … menustate=26,25

Reply 4 of 4, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently got both the SideWinder 3D Pro (in digital mode) and SideWinder 3D Pro Plus working on Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit using a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value PCI audio card. (Computer is a 1.266 GHz Pentium III system.) All buttons and axes are functional.

This was a big surprise. I didn't think it was possible. I didn't install any joystick or audio drivers.

Is this too much voodoo?