VOGONS

Android

Topic actions

First post, by JanTwo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again!
Is it worthy to try android emulators on old OSs? Which one? Max API? Minimal sys specs?
I'm asking, because i'd love to have Maps.me on Xp.
Thanks for your comments!

Reply 2 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would guess you're gonna need Jelly Bean at minimum, which shipped as Windows 8 was previewing, so in tech terms this is a bit like trying to run a Playstation 4 emulator on a PS 3.

I think what you wanna do, is run a Virtual Machine, install Android x86 on it, then use an in-Android binary conversion/emulation if you cannot actually get an Android x86 version.. some info on the last half of that... https://hatwars.com/now-you-can-run-arm-binar … roid-emulators/

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 3, by JanTwo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On my best notebook, a Dell E5400, i managed to run Droid4X 0.10.6, a light-weighted GUI for Virtual Box 4.3.12 that needs no GPU and should emulate Android 4.2. After ages of loading, there appears some android-style desktop. When trying to start a small (<2MB) apk, it counts to 99% - and that was it. I guess, a faster computer would do better...