VOGONS

First post, by Comos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
for like 15 years I use my Adaptec AHA-29160 and a 147GB Cheetah in my system in both DOS and Win95OSR2, but recently I needed to do some finetuning in my system.
The SCSI HDD I use as a secondary disk, so never needed to boot from the disk neither the attached SCSI DVD drive, so I have disabled in SCSI Bios the Int13 extensions and just leave the scan during POST.This was also done to save some UMBs.
Under Win95OSR2 there are no changes, the SCSI HDD and DVD works as expected, however under DOS, I do use the ASPI8U2.SYS and ASPICD.SYS and when the Int13 Ex are disabled,The SCSI HDD is normally detected,but I can't see the SCSI HDD volume anymore , which is understandable.
However I expected that theASPI8U2.SYS driver would route the Int13ex through ASPI manager (the driver has a Int13 router, when I checked the drivers code), but I was not able to get this to work.
The driver has also switches, that are not fully documented, some of the switches I was able to figure out from other drivers documentation.

/pause /s /d /l /i /ccbs /novl /irq /edge /norst /mb /m1 /m2 /rst

The switch /i, /irq, /mb, /m1, /m2 have no effect in my case.

Did anyone came across this issue?

Reply 1 of 3, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

you also need to load ASPIDISK.SYS to get access to the scsi hard disk volume.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 3, by Comos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2022-06-24, 07:47:

you also need to load ASPIDISK.SYS to get access to the scsi hard disk volume.

ASPIDISK is used for removable media, not for a SCSI HDD.I have it in my DOS USB package.

Edit: If you mean to use with disabled SCSI BIOS Int13ex settings, then this could make sense.

Reply 3 of 3, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since you mentioned disabling the int 13 extensions, then only mentioned using ASPI8U2.SYS and ASPICD.SYS and failing to see the disk...

It is only logical that you didn't use the aspidisk.sys .

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port