VOGONS

First post, by mills26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read titus the fox (or Moktar) has a tandy mode, but it never worked for me, at least on Dosbox or PCem.

I recently downloaded a trainer (https://www.cuevadeclasicos.org/comunidad/dis … date?update=402) And it clearly says "/T for tandy graphics", but it just shows the CGA graphics.

Is it just a mistake in the doc, or does this game have a real tandy mode?

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think that the game has Tandy graphics. Mobygames also doesn't have such screenshots, not that this is an evidence but it sure is an indication.
I'd bet the /T param is for the level editor/viewer itself (MTF) and not the game.
btw you can find the latest version of the trainer at the creator's site

Reply 2 of 2, by mills26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote on 2022-07-22, 16:46:

I don't think that the game has Tandy graphics. Mobygames also doesn't have such screenshots, not that this is an evidence but it sure is an indication.
I'd bet the /T param is for the level editor/viewer itself (MTF) and not the game.
btw you can find the latest version of the trainer at the creator's site

Thanks.

This thread could also be named "lost tandy versions" because there are a lot of games which have instructions or images sowing "pcjr/tandy" and they are completely lost .

For example I discovered a tandy version of Action Fighter inside a "total dos collection".

I'm also looking for the tandy version of "Gobliiins" but I don't think there is one, I could only find CGA and EGA versions, and you can read "pcjr/tandy" compatible everywhere. I thinks that's just saying it will work on pcjr/tandy using CGA graphics.

I was also looking for "rick dangerous 2". I think that's also lost because they say the tandy version was never available in stores. So you had to ask for that version and wait for them to send it to you (by mail).