VOGONS

First post, by Mister98XPee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a Dell Latitude 820 (Windows XP SP3 preinstalled) and Intel GMX integrated board with Sigmatel Audio. This was the best Amazon has to offer for XP games sadly so I went ahead to install Zoombini's Mountain Rescue which is technically Zoombini's 2. Here's how it went: It sure was a lot of 'fun' to go thru.

🪓
😒

Zoombini's 1 and 3 work just fine but Mountain Rescue the sequel to Zoombini's 1 always says 'Unable To Set Video Mode' until you turn Direct Draw Off in Dxdiag which then makes the pinball level unplayable. The Bullies all keep piling on the same boat where the expected behavior is you get a few for each boat and there's 8 Zoombini's for each tier after the 1st rest spot. I wonder if it's the limitations of the laptop because VMWARE also has this problem but Virtualbox does NOT. On Virtualbox I set it to 24BIT color to make it work but my Dell Latitude XP Laptop doesn't have such an option. Only 16 and 32 bits. Any ideas as to why a REAL machine doesn't have 24 bit color? Does it need a graphics card? If so how do you put on in on a Latitude?