VOGONS

First post, by Robert17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Evening all,

Long time lurker but first time poster 😀

I'm trying to get GLQuake Working under Windows 98SE On an old Pentium 4 Desktop Which has an Intel 82865G Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Video Card integrated.

GLQuake Will start with default options, list some text in the console then abruptly quit to desktop just before starting the opening demo sequence.

Now if I put -window after the shortcut path it will start and run as normal, though in a window.

Does anyone have experience of this issue or know if theres a way I can get a log somehow to find out what the issue is?

I know the intel integrated chip isn't the best option but sadly this system has the 865GV Chipset so no AGP Option, also doesn't play nicely with any PCI VGA Cards either - though actually the performance of the Intel Extreme 2 Chip is surprisingly good - no issues with Quake 3 1024x768 Max Details in 32 Bit for example.

Many Thanks,

Robert.

Reply 1 of 2, by auron

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

try playing around with the color depth, i think launching with -bpp 16 or -bpp 32 should work, or try to set desktop color depth to 16-bit before launching the game. at least in the 0.94 readme, it suggested that you have to do the latter under win95.

Reply 2 of 2, by Robert17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have found a fix for this issue :-

In Intel Graphics Properties under the OpenGL Tab Change "Flipping Policy" Setting from Flip (Default) To Blit.

Once applied GLQuake works very nicely in fullscreen.

Hope this helps someone in the future 😀