VOGONS

First post, by amontre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a way or software i could use to mount iso in windows and still has access to it when i restart in MS-DOS mode ?

NEC Pentium 133 | 96mb RAM | 40gb HDD | s3 Virge DX | Voodoo 2 | SB AWE64 Gold | Roland MT-32 & SC 55MkII

Reply 1 of 3, by Van Slanzar de Fanel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not to my knowledge, but there is SHSUCDHD, which will let you mount an ISO in Win98 DOS mode. One caveat is that it can't handle CD audio, so if using it with a game that has CD audio tracks, you will not hear them being played.

Chris/Van/Sober.
You have found a well. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary well.

Reply 2 of 3, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Van Slanzar de Fanel wrote on 2023-01-24, 15:34:

Not to my knowledge, but there is SHSUCDHD, which will let you mount an ISO in Win98 DOS mode. One caveat is that it can't handle CD audio, so if using it with a game that has CD audio tracks, you will not hear them being played.

SHSUCDHD requires SHSUCDX to work, which is still not 100% compatible with MSCDEX despite recent improvements. On the flip side, it can be loaded on top of MSCDEX when needed and can be uninstalled.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 3 of 3, by amontre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I guess I need to stock up on my CD-R

NEC Pentium 133 | 96mb RAM | 40gb HDD | s3 Virge DX | Voodoo 2 | SB AWE64 Gold | Roland MT-32 & SC 55MkII