VOGONS

First post, by Soulreaper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to install this game without luck. My knowledge is limited with dos I have looked for any solutions to fix without any answers. I can get zork installed but no sound. When I get to sound config pc hangs then I get the message An internal stack overflow has caused this session to be halted. Change the stacks setting in your config.sys file and try again. I opened the config file and I do not see the stacks parameter I am running Phil's msdos startup file. I have had issues with other dos programs due to my pc being way to powerful. And have had success with either using slowdown utility or a ram disk. I tried both still a no go I got cpu down clocked to 60 mhz and left only 2mb of memory.

98se/Biostar M7VIG Pro/AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2.0 GHz/512 MB @ 166/ATI Radeon 9800 Pro/3DFX Voodoo 3 2000/CreativeSBLive!
XP Pro/Asus P5N-D/Intel Qx9650 Quad Core@4.0GHz/4GB DDR2 800/nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ SLI/Creative Audigy 2 ZS
sc-55 mkii

Reply 1 of 1, by Soulreaper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay I mucked around with adding Stacks to my config file eventually found the right combination of loaded drivers that allowed me to select my sound settings. This is the first game I have played that combines roland midi with the cd redbook audio its pretty cool.

98se/Biostar M7VIG Pro/AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2.0 GHz/512 MB @ 166/ATI Radeon 9800 Pro/3DFX Voodoo 3 2000/CreativeSBLive!
XP Pro/Asus P5N-D/Intel Qx9650 Quad Core@4.0GHz/4GB DDR2 800/nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ SLI/Creative Audigy 2 ZS
sc-55 mkii